Sunday, April 4

3 little questions about me


Now that I've had triple digit visits and double digit followers of this blog (shock horror!) I think its time to tell you guys a bit about myself. The whole 3 of you that haven't been forced to read this that is!
Where am I from? My dad's family are Tamilians who moved to Kerala a few generations ago. My mum's family is from Udupi which is in Karnataka but they don't speak Kanada, the state language. They both themselves grew up in Delhi. With me so far? Well it gets tougher. I myself was born in Pune and have lived there, intermittently, for a total of 9 years. But in between and around those stays I have lived in Calcutta, Roorkee, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad and most recently for 7 years in the UK. So in the process I have a British passport but a very middle class Indian upbringing.
What have I studied? I did a combination of Chemistry and Physics for my under-grad. Then circumstances meant it made good sense for me to change and so I did a Master's in Mathematical Finance. Then this little thing called the recession hit and I took the first decent job that came my way so now I work in Online Advertising!
What are my interests? If you think of a sport right this second, there's a good chance I follow it and like it (unless you thought Gaelic Football or Kobudo or something!). If you think of a music artist (here the non-obscurity clause is key!) I either like them or like another band from the same/similar genre. Progressive Dub-step does not qualify as a separate genre in my book! I read, I write (sigh huh?). I sometimes (very rarely) strum a guitar (badly). Oh and I sometimes watch some TV and always scrutinise the ads I see!
My mixed and mobile childhood means that I am a fan of most things but the master of absolutely none. In fact I proclaim myself to be not a jack of all trades but a 9 or a 10 of many! But hey that's me and I'm pretty proud of it!

1 comment:

  1. Why did tiddlywinks spring to my mind for question #3?
    Nice to learn about your family history, KK.

    ReplyDelete